Welcome to your new career at App State! Whether you have just completed graduate school or you're an academic veteran who's simply new to our institution, the Center for Academic Excellence is here to support you.
Although our offerings change from semester to semester, we always offer the following to our early-career faculty:
- New Faculty Orientation (2 days in August before the semester begins, plus additional follow-up sessions during the Fall)
- Welcome to App State AppLC (A year-long faculty learning community for 1st- or 2nd-year professors. We meet monthly to set goals, strategize for success, and support one another.)
- Early Career Book Clubs in Fall and Spring (Rotating titles and facilitators; past selections have included Deep Work, Radical Hope, Think Again, Essentialism)
- December and May Early Career Writing Retreats (Tuesday-Friday, 9 am-3 pm, after grades are due each semester)
- Early Career Writing Club (virtual meet-ups every 2 weeks for accountability around our scholarship)
- CAE Workshops and Institutes
- Social Gatherings
Lindsay Masland serves as the Coordinator for Early Career Programming, and she emails all new and/or early-career faculty periodically to share our career support offerings, so watch for those emails. If you think you might be missing some of those emails, or if you have any questions at all that pertain to early career success, please email Lindsay at email@example.com. Visit our workshops and programs page for a list of upcoming events.