We assist faculty in finding the best mix of instructional technologies and methods to enhance teaching and learning. Our team has broad experience with effective methodologies, as well as innovative approaches in the creation and continuous improvement of online courses.
Support for online course development and reviews
The CAE supports a variety of online course development and review options:
- Work one-on-one with a consultant to design courses and learning experiences for online teaching
- Request an Internal Course Review
- Pursue Quality Matters Course Certification
- Participate in the OTEI
For questions about online course development, contact Emory Maiden at email@example.com
The Online Teaching Excellence Institute (OTEI) is an eight-week, structured professional development experience providing faculty with the skills, knowledge, and resources needed to design and develop engaging and interactive courses. In this comprehensive course development institute, participants will engage with course materials, meet in small teams, and ultimately complete the development of a complete online course.
Quality Matters (QM) is a research-based national benchmark aimed at improving student learning experiences in online programs and courses. The QM curriculum:
- Introduces faculty to best practices in instructional design
- Provides rubrics for assessing online course design
- Outlines a peer-review process for continuous improvement of online and hybrid courses
Quality Matters certified CAE staff facilitate the QM program on our campus, which serves as a method for quality assurance of online course design. QM does not evaluate online teaching, nor is it an evaluation of the online instructor; it is focused solely on the design of the course.