The “Designing Your Online Course” workshop includes an overview of the QM Rubric and provides a framework for participants to design an online course plan. An integral element of the workshop is exploration of the eight General Standards of the QM Rubric, focusing on learning objectives and overall course alignment. Participants will complete a Course Development Plan. The plan includes all of the essential Specific Review Standards (SRS) with a column for how the participant will meet the SRS in their course and what resources they will need.
The Center for Academic Excellence has a rolling application process for this workshop, and will cover the associated registration costs, as long as funds are available.
Faculty and Instructors who are new to online teaching
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the essential QM Rubric Specific Review Standards to online course design.
- Discuss the structure to be used for organizing your online course.
- Create a course plan for developing your online course.
- Align one module for development.
What Participants Need:
- An online course you are developing
- 8 to 10 hours of time per week to spend on achieving the learning objectives