Learning Technology Services, Collaborative Network Service (CNS) takes the traditional video conferencing format and provides opportunities to collaborate on a multi-tier set of platforms including:
- Integrated video-over-IP facilities
- SIP enabled software
- Zoom, Appalachian State University's instructional support application
We take the video conferencing experience to a level beneficial to teaching, learning, and collaborating and we can customize the collaborative session based on administrative, faculty, staff, and student needs.
CNS is located in Anne Belk Hall, suite 106 A-D, and consist of three rooms capable of multipoint control unit interoperability with hardware and software clients.
CNS oversees all IT logistical support and works one-on-one with each participant as needed to assure the smoothest, most immersive, experience possible.
We want to remove as much of the technology as possible to allow the participant to focus on the relevant importance of their session.
- We give faculty an opportunity to do what they do: teach
- We allow students an opportunity to do what they do: learn
- We allow participants an opportunity to do what they do: collaborate
Types of collaboration
- Conferences and classes with all UNC institutions
- Classes through UNC Online
- Supports Appalachian's global understanding's international partnerships
- Ad hoc, multisite collaborations with person-to-person, person-to-people, or people-to-people
- Collaborative interoperability using dedicated video-over-IP facilities, laptops, tablets, and even mobile devices
- Guest lectures for classroom instruction
- Search committees - limited basis
CNS fosters collaborative communication services through network affiliations with the North Carolina Research and Education Network (NCREN) and UNC Online.
Contact us for more information or to request a customized solution.
Darrell Laws | firstname.lastname@example.org | 828-262-7122