Mountaineer Apps is Appalachian's installation of Google Apps for Education. ITS has integrated Mountaineer Apps with several on campus systems that support password authentication, business workflow for faculty, students and staff, and provide many ways of using it to support pedagogy.
In the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) we specifically help faculty explore ways to effectively support teaching and learning with Mountaineer Apps and related technologies. In addition to some best practices, the new and innovative ways of using technology is ever increasing and fueled by faculty (and students) exploring and trying out new tools. We invite you to collaborate with us in effective use of this group of software tools.
Some of the ways Mountaineer Apps support teaching and learning Include:
- Hangouts to support faculty to student and student to student synchronous collaboration
- Google Drive for sharing files among faculty and students
- Shared Google Docs (docs, sheets, slides) to support individual and group projects
- Google Forms to survey participants, including students and faculty
- YouTube video repository where students and faculty can create channels to publish videos for individual, campus, or public consumption (this frequently includes lectures, class projects, and individual introductions)
To learn more about using Mountaineer Apps with AsULearn, sign up for one of our Google Tools workshops.
We are actively exploring deeper integration with AsULearn. If you have questions or ideas about integrating Mountaineer Apps with AsULearn, please let us know.