Online Teaching Excellence Institute (OTEI)
The Online Teaching Excellence Institute (OTEI) is a structured professional development experience providing faculty with the skills, knowledge, and resources needed to design and develop engaging and interactive courses.
Learn more about OTEI or apply
Agile Teaching Academy
Online Hybrid F2
The Appalachian Agile Teaching Academy is an asynchronous course aimed at helping faculty design a highly adaptable course utilizing online, hybrid, and f2f components. Faculty will interact with one another as they think through important design considerations over the course of four modules
Inclusive Teaching: Supporting All Students in the College Classroom
Online Hybrid F2F
Explore the principles of inclusive teaching and learn how to apply them in your classroom to support diverse learners. This asynchronous, self-paced, open enrollment course is offered through edX from Columbia University.
Enroll in the next Inclusive Teaching course.
Designing Effective Online Courses
Two- and four-week pacing is available for the asynchronous workshop. You will:
- Teach: Learn how to move your class online quickly and effectively.
- Make: Build digital assets you can use immediately in your course.
- Discover: Master tools, technologies, and techniques for online teaching.
Course (Re)Design Institute
Online Hybrid F2F
The Course (Re)Design Institute (CRDI) is designed to expand participants’ knowledge and skill in designing and teaching quality courses. During the Institute, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to apply research-based teaching and learning principles to course design;
- Design or redesign a course built on learner-centered design principles; and
- Network and collaborate with your peers across campus.
See Workshops for the next Course (Re)Design Institute (offered in May of each year).