What is the Appalachian Teaching Academy?
The Appalachian Agile Teaching Academy is an asynchronous course aimed at helping faculty design a highly adaptable and inclusive course utilizing online, hybrid, and F2F components. Faculty will think through important design considerations over the course of four modules and will explore questions such as:
- How can I design course components for maximum flexibility, regardless of teaching format?
- How can I organize my course for maximum student success?
- What is a good assignment and assessment structure for a flexible course?
- How can I align instructional activities and assessments to learning goals to ensure my students are mastering important objectives?
- Am I making teaching choices that are inclusive of a wide range of student needs in a flexible environment?
Agile Teaching Academy is offered in two delivery modes:
- Facilitated Agile Teaching Academy: Participants will interact with each other over the course of four modules as they consider design elements to enhance their existing course. Although this is asynchronous, there is a predictable structure for interaction and participants will work with learning team members to give and receive feedback related to course design. See Workshops and Courses for information on our next offering.
- Self-paced Agile Teaching Academy: Participants can self-enroll in this asynchronous, self-paced course (available December 18, 2020) and access videos and resources at a time convenient for them. To enroll in Self-paced Agile Course Design, please follow these steps.
- Login to the AsULearn-Projects site.
- On the next screen, click the Enroll me button.