Teaching and learning tools
The Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) provides faculty support for Appalachian's learning technologies and our AsULearn learning management system, as well as faculty and staff support for other applications available on campus to help you succeed in your job.
Help files for AsULearn can be found on AsULearn Support.
Our campus adopted CoursEval for online course evaluations in January 2017. The campus moved the service over to Institutional Research, Assessment and Planning (IRAP) in January of 2018. If you are a faculty member or department chair, you can view results from previous semesters. Students can also access course evaluations, when they are available. For more information about this project, email Vivian Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our doors are always open when we're available. Offices for the Instructional Designers are located in Anne Belk Hall in suite 218, near the back loading dock and adjacent to the help desk. Mark Suggs, our Training Specialist, is located in Belk Library and Information Commons in room 333, behind the seminar room 327 on the third floor.
Consult with us
We are happy to offer one-on-one private consultations by appointment at your convenience. Please contact us and we will work with you to arrange a convenient time and place to meet and discuss your instructional design, AsULearn, and/or technology training needs.
Submit a support ticket
Submit a support ticket to describe a particular issue or request someone to contact you :
- Log in with your Appalachian ID and password
- Under New Incident: Click to Submit a New Incident
- For Incident Type select:
- (3) Online Accounts, then for Account : AsULearn; or
- (7) Software Training (MS Office & Adobe, Drupal, Workshop Scheduler)
- Complete the incident form; someone will respond to your issue promptly
Call the help desk
Contact the help desk by calling 828-262-6266 during regular business hours.
CAE schedules workshops throughout the year.
These AsULearn course sites are filled with helpful information and other resources. You can contribute to and glean from the knowledge of others sharing your experience with technology. Participation does not obligate you to attend a workshop.
- Sign up to join either or both of these communities:
- You will be prompted to log in using your Appalachian ID and password
- After you log in, you may be prompted to confirm that you want to enroll in the course; select Yes; or you may see an Enroll Me button to click on your dashboard.
- You may be prompted to confirm your agreement with the Appalachian computer policy; select Yes if you agree
- Once you have joined, you can return to the site through your AsULearn dashboard where the AsULearn Community or CAE Workshop Resources will be listed with any other courses.