Teaching and learning tools
The Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) provides faculty support for Appalachian's learning technologies and our AsULearn learning management system, as well as faculty and staff support for other applications available on campus to help you succeed in your job. Each college or school at Appalachian has been assigned a lead CAE consultant as follows:
- College of Arts and Sciences: Mary Beth McKee
- College of Arts and Sciences: Rachel Clark
- College of Business: Greg Simmons
- College of Education: Emory Maiden
- College of Fine and Applied Arts and University College: Jeff Church
- College of Health Sciences: Derek Eggers
- Graduate School: Jeff Church
- Hayes School of Music: Greg Simmons
- Library: Emory Maiden, Derek Eggers
- University College: Jeff Church
Help files for AsULearn can be found on AsULearn Support.
Support for CoursEval for online course evaluations was moved to Institutional Research, Assessment & Planning in January 2018. If you are a faculty member or department chair, you can view results from previous semesters. Students can access course evaluations, when they are available. For more information about this project, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our doors are always open when we're available. Offices for the Instructional Designers are located in Anne Belk Hall in suite 218, near the back loading dock and adjacent to the help desk. Mark Suggs, our Training Specialist, is located in Belk Library and Information Commons in room 333, behind the seminar room 327 on the third floor.
Consult with us
We are happy to offer one-on-one private consultations by appointment at your convenience. Please contact us and we will work with you to arrange a convenient time and place to meet and discuss your instructional design, AsULearn, and/or technology training needs.