Preparing for Hybrid Teaching
To assist our faculty and instructors with the transition to teach hybrid, the CAE offers professional development opportunities as well as a variety of resources. To learn more about all of the course delivery options, see our webpage or download the Course Delivery Option Chart. (pdf)
Courses and Workshops
See the CAE Summer Schedule for information and registration links to the following courses and workshops:
- Appalachian Agile Academy-- specifically designed to prepare for hybrid teaching
The Appalachian Agile Teaching Academy is a two-week asynchronous course aimed at helping faculty design flexible courses for the Fall 2020 semester. Faculty will learn how to design a highly adaptable course utilizing online, blended, and f2f components. During this two-week AsULearn course, participants will work asynchronously with peers and facilitators to think through important course considerations as we approach Fall. We will explore questions such as:
- How can I adapt meaningful components of my face to face courses for maximum flexibility, regardless of teaching format?
- What is a good assignment and assessment structure for a flexible online course?
- How can I align instructional activities and assessments to learning goals to ensure my students are mastering important objectives?
- Am I making teaching choices that are inclusive of a wide range of student needs in a flexible online environment?
Guide for Creating Accessible Courses from the Office of Disability Resources
Universal Design for Learning from the Center for Academic Excellence
Keep Learning information for students from the Student Learning Center
Keep Teaching with getting started tips from the Center for Academic Excellence
Open Educational Resources
Free E-Books and Guides
How to Design and Teach A Hybrid Course: Achieving Student-centered Learning Through Blended Classroom: Recommended ebook available from Belk Library.
Online Teaching at its Best: Recommended ebook available from Belk Library.
Guides for Course Design and Delivery in Hybrid and Online Courses
The teaching guides below provide tips for instruction, links to articles, and video and support pages for redesigning your course and integrating technologies.